How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

If your husband has a will which leaves all to you (wife) and

This answer was rated:

If your husband has a will which leaves all to you (wife) and a piece of land bought next to your house was only in his name why do I need probate to sell the house.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I'm Al and hopefully can assist you with your enquiry.

Even though your husband has left you all his Estate, the Land Registry will require evidence that you are legally entitled to deal with the land,as his Executor. Probate is the only evidence to prove you are entitled to sell the land and therefore the Buyer's Solicitor is quite correct in requesting it, I'm afraid.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

However, pleas elet me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you