How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2457
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

/MadamI own the freehold of a building. The top

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I own the freehold of a building. The top floor flat was sold on a lease that grants use of the loft space to the leaseholder. At the same time, the lease states that alterations to the structure of the building, internally and externally, can only be made with permission of the freeholder - but permission should not be withheld unreasonably.
Can I refuse the leaseholder permission to tamper with the roof in order to make a room in the loft? And can I refuse him permission to make a partition between one large room in order to make it into 2 smaller rooms?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Are you able to provide me with the clause in the lease that grants the tenant the right to use it please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am unable to understand how to copy and paste from the details of my lease to this page.

I am not satisfied with this service. I would like a refund of the £26.00



Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I am glad you have managed to attached the documents however I note your comments regarding a refund. Would you let me know if you would like to proceed or if you would prefer to cancel and obtain a refund?