How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of advising on property issues.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

I own outright my two bed terrace house it was valued last

Customer Question

I own outright my two bed terrace house it was valued last your £75000. I was repeatedly offered £60000 for it and withdrew it from market. I now wish to let my son buy the property for £48000 can I do this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can answer this for you.
There is nothing that would stop you selling it to your son or anybody else for that matter for anything you like. If the sum is below a reasonable market value though, you should be aware that if you became bankrupt that your trustee in bankruptcy might try and claim the rest of the true market value from your son.
Hope this helps and answers your question. If you wish to clarify anything with me, please do so. Otherwise please do remember to rate the answer for me.
Kind regards
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.

I was just wondering whether there is anything more you would like me to answer about your question? If not, please remember to close the thread and rate the answer for me.