How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I'm just wondering if you could please advise...

Customer Question

Hi, I'm just wondering if you could please advise me on the following. i live with my partner & 7 year old son from a previous marriage, I am now divorced as of a month ago but the problem is i am on the mortgage / deeds for 2 houses with my ex husband, these houses are next door to each other and he is illegally renting out 1 of the houses I.e not declaring this to the inland revenue as that house is paid for and has no mortgage on it, the other house which he lives in on his own is the house with the mortgage, he doesn't work and is a drug dealer selling cocaine and cannibis from that address, we still have a joint account which the mortgage comes out of, i contribute nothing to the house and have no money each month from the illegal renting of the other property, i simply want my name off of both properties and no pay off or money from any of them but because he has missed payments Santander won't even touch him to apply for a mortgage on his own until 12 consecutive monthly payments have been made, firstly how do i get out of this mess? Can I get into trouble regarding the illegal renting of the property even though I have no dealing with it, can i make him get a mortgage from another lender! Ijust want to have all ties cut with him?.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you please cancel the question
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I can help you with this but I need some further information first.
How much are the properties worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
May I ask why you do not want the capital sum that you are entitled to from the properties?