Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847
Property Law

Have a property which i am renting, and would now like to sell

but the tenants refuse to... Show More
but the tenants refuse to move.
Show Less
How can I help with this please?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

i would now like to sell the property but the tenants refuse to leave and would like to know how i would go about evicting them and what rights i have.

What type of contract are they on please?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

a rolling 6 monthly contract

OK
When should that end ?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

as i have given them 2 months notice twice it should be next month on the 10 of june.

Well, it depends.
Is this a fixed AST? If so, you cannot just give notice I'm afraid.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

sorry dont understand what is a fixed ast.

Assured shorthold tenancy agreement?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

it is a periodical tenancy a 2 month rolling on and any party can give notice during that time.

If it is a periodic then it is not a rolling six month contract.
However, a periodic tenancy agreement can be ended by either party by serving a S21 notice on or before the rent date. That must be no less than two months and must run from the rent date.
If the tenant still refuses to go then you would need to seek a possession order although that should not be difficult to obtain. It may be slower than you would like but it is not going to be refused.
If they still refuse to pay then you can get the bailiffs to put them out if necessary although it rarely comes to that.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help how woul i obtain a s21 notice.

W H Smiths sell them for about £15.
Or you can download them from here
http://www.lawdepot.co.uk/contracts/eviction-notice-forms/?loc=GB&pid=googleppc-notukr_gb-Section21T2_a1-s-ggkey_section%2021%20notice%20template&&s_kwcid=section%2021%20notice%20template|61830742033&gclid=CM2-0tPHrcUCFQzJtAodIT8A3g