How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a shared property with a business neighbour in Blanefield

Customer Question

I have a shared property with a business neighbour in Blanefield Scotland. Roof is in bad repair and I have offered to jointly share costs. Water damage in my side. Sent polite letter and emails. No response. How can I enforce repair.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Assuming there is a liability under the title deeds for joint liability in respect of the roof, you can get the work done and sue the neighbour for a half share.
Separately, even if it's non residential, if there is a danger to health or safety, the council do have the power to serve a statutory repairs notice if you can persuade them to do so.
Happy to discuss further.