How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour has entered a property I own ...

This answer was rated:

My neighbour has entered a property I own without permission and  has  and taken down Ivy that was growing up a boundary wall. The ivy was growing on ourside, but the neighbour refuses to remove the considerable mess he has created. It has created a safety issue for my tenants, and will be costly to remove because of the volume.. Regards,

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you wit h this.
You should report this to the police. This is criminal damage as your property has been destroyed. The police can investigate and prosecute.
You can sue for the damage and any loss suffered.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,
Unfortunately the police didn't want to know as they said it was a civil matter.
I'm now left with over £500 of clearing up costs.
This is still criminal damage if there has been destruction of your property.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I proceed Alex.
I have the bills for cleanup, but I don't know the names of the people, only the address?
Thank you.