How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I own a plot of land known as Plot C129 Isle of Wight Lane,

This answer was rated:

I own a plot of land known as Plot C129 Isle of Wight Lane, Kensworth, Beds LU6 2PP.
I have recently been contacted by a Company called First Capital Securities offering to buy my plot for £22,000.00 They requested a surety bond payment of 10% i.e £2200. 00 which I made on 30. 05. 15. by Bank transfer. A few days later they wrote back saying that the bond payment had to be increased to 20% i.e. a further payment of £2200.00 This I have refused to pay as it is obviously a scam. Could you please advise me how to get my money back, I had a written contract from them with this offer and I have met my part but they have reneged on theirs.
I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you. D G Ward.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask if you have the contact details for the alleged organisation please? If so could you kindly let me have them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

First Capital Securities

Address; Suite 10-14,*****LONDON EC2R 8AY

Tel.(###) ###-####3638

Many thanks. I have come across this outfit before and the below were my conclusion upon looking into the organisation.There is no such registed limited company as the one they claim registered at Companies House. Also the phone number does not connect. They also claim to offer financial advice which is a reserved activity but they are not registered with the Financial Conduct Authority. Accordingly the outfit does not have the credientials they claim which may amount to fraud by deception.Further the proposal they have made to you is typical of an advance fee fraud - whereby a payment is requested on some pretext or another which can vary widely in return for the promise of reward. Advance fee frauds are designed to extract payment and that alone. You would not be asked for a security bond to sell land. Quite the reverse if they wish to buy it they would pay you a deposit prior to completing the sale.I would recommend not entering into any further discussions with the other party and reporting the matter to the police using their action fraud service. you have already paid money to them you can contact your bank as soon as possible to attempt to claim back funds transferred though this is unlikely to result in recouping the funds directly but may be possible if the funds have not yet cleared or if the funds have not been removed from the other party's account. Failing this you will have to rely upon the police to identify the identity of the party or parties you paid. You can also retain your own tracing agent to identify the parties concered though if they are engaged in full scale criminal activity it may be only the police will be successful in identifying who they are. There are many private companies that offer no trace no fee services such as you are unable to identify the other party then you can consider either issuing statutory demand which is a warning of bankruptcy or issue a claim in the County Court using the courts online issuing service: biggest risk is that the other parties part of a criminal gang which is based overseas which can make recovery monies particularly difficult. As this organisation appears to be conducting operations on a reasonably wide scale the police may already be investigating and may have some information available at an early stage.I hope the above is of assistance and that you may be able to use some of the above techniques in order to recover some of your money. If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me.
Joshua and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you