How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do I evict my tennants boyfriend from the property

This answer was rated:

how do I evict my tennants boyfriend from the property
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a lady tenant she moved her boyfriend in with my permission but he has become violent and damaged the property and is refusing to leave

But you want to keep your tenant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Ok. Your tenant can just change the locks, inform the Police and give you a new key. It does not need to go through the Courts as this is a civil matter. He has no right to remain and can be kicked out. He is there on licence from the current tenant and therefore the locks can be changed.
If you want to go down the eviction route you will need a Court order to get him removed. You would need to complete a Court form and get the Court to evict him.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's fine thank you

Happy to help! Good luck.