How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a landlord of an apartment and i have been informed that

This answer was rated:

I am a landlord of an apartment and i have been informed that there has been a fire from a communal electricity cupboard. The flat has not been damage though the tenant will need to stay in a hotel until the electric are repaired and tested.
The management co have suggested that i pick up the bill for the hotel until it is resolved or speak to my insurers, my understanding of these matters is that is would be the blocks insurers that would have to pick up the cost ??
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes they should pay for it. If it was not your fault why should you be out of pocket?
They should pay.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The insurers for the block have said they owner cover owner occupiers not tenants, does the tenant have a claim against me as the landlord considering it is not my fault, they have suggested the tenant claim off their insurance for hotel accommodation which I doubt would cover them ,
Do I have to pay for the hotel ?
No you dont have to pay for a hotel. You could and then sue for the cost.
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.