How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now


This answer was rated:


Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

How may I assis you with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joshua i started my own company it is a professional flatshare agency and i need the to write the contract for my tenants

Thank you. Would you like assistance with this? Do you own the property(ies) in question or will you be acting as agent for the various owners?Do you wish to grant assured shorthold tenancies (these must be at least 6 months minimum) or short term lets?Will you be renting the whole property(ies) to tenants or groups of tenants or individual rooms individually with a separate agreement with each tenant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We rent the whole properties to the landlords and sublet the rooms with the consent of the landlord

Sorry to be clear you rent the whole property from the owner and then sublet rooms?Do you wish to sublet the rooms on short term bases or longer term assured shorthold tenancies with a minimum term of 6 months?Are you wanting an agreement for you and the owners of the properties or for you and the sub letting tenants or both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we rent from the Landlord and sublet the rooms

we want longer term assured shorthand tenancies with a minimum of 6 months.

agreement for the sub letting tenants only

Many thanks. I would be very happy to prepare a draft tenancy agreement you can use for this purpose. The agreement can prepared either in word format or plain text so you can edit it and use it as a precedent for the various properties you choose to let. I would take me approximately 30 mins to prepare and I would suggest a fee of £75 to prepare the same and supply it to you in one of the above formats as you prefer.Please let me know if you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i Would like to proceed, we only want to add to it a documentation fee that we charge and also some rules that we have for the properties, can you add those to the agreement?

Certainly - that is no issue. You can include such fees as you wish to the tenancy providing those fees are reasonable. If they are unreasonable (ie. higher than normal industry practice) you would need to seek separate confirmation from the tenant they are aware of the fee and have agreed it or it may be unenforceable under the Unfair Termsin Consumer Contract Regulations.I will create something called an "additional services offer". Please note that although I am based in England, the site is US owned and so I must denominate in US dollars so the balance may not be exactly £75 depending on currency exchange rates. The offer should appear in a few moments. Once accepted we will exchange email contact information so you can provide me with the information I need confidentially to prepare the draft agreement. I look forward to hearing from you.
Unfortunately the offer seems to have been declined by you. Was there a problem or would you like me to resend it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am also based in England and I log on the british version of the website but when you send the offer is for £81.44 instead of £75. the £26 that i paid before will be discounted of the final payment?

The exchange rate seems to be way out. I can compensate by reducing the dollar amount to try to tally - the difficulty is the exchange rate used by the site is not shown to be so I have to estimate but will do my best. The above amount proposed is in addition to the original question value. Please let me know if you would like me to send a further offer and I will try to factor in the exchange rate which clearly is out by some distance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please send the offer

OK I will try $108.50 which exchnages to £71 officially so hopefully this will be close to £75 on the exchange rate the site uses. I will speak to the site admin about the exchange rate issue for the future.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** as I get the offer I will pay

Thanks - have sent. If it is not showing on your screen you may need to click on your customer account page. Any problems please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't se the link to pay anywhere

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

already paid

May I ask customer services to contact you to assist you in completing the offer? It does not seem to have gone through. I am very sorry for technical issues experienced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I clicked twice, that means i paid double?

Thank you. I will do that now. They should be i touch shortly. Normally no later than within 24 hours but usually much sooner. I am very sorry for technical issues - they are rare but I am grateful for your highlighting the above. I will try to get them ironed out by the engineers for the future. If you prefer not to wait for them to contact you you can call them directly by clicking the above link and selecting phone on the right hand side: look forward to hearing from you again once customer services have been able to assist. Thank you for your patience.(ps I cannot see you have been charged again but in the unlikely event you have customer services can sort out a refund of any duplicate charges. You won't be charged twice).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you check now if the payment has been made??

Sorry it is still showing as unpaid. But I do not work for JA as I am an independent lawyer that contracts with the site so I only have limited access to your account. Customer services have full access and are much better placed than me to sort this out very quickly for you. May I ask them to contact you or do you prefer to contact them youself for a faster response now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am calling them now

I hope they can quickly resolve this for you.
Quite so
Joshua and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi look like finally the payment works

Many thanks for persevering. I hope customer services were able to help you without too much difficulty. My email address should be visible. If you could kindly drop me a mail I will reply directly by email.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Many thanks. Received - shall reply to you very shortly. Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the end of the process you will give us an invoice or a receipt?

Payment is made to Just Answer rather than me so it would need to be JA that provided you with a receipt. They may provide one by email automatically but if not I can ask customer services to send you one.