How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now


Customer Question

I have a question regarding a Tomlin Order outlining somebody who is due to purchase our 50% share of land (stables) from us. However they are paying us with a bridging loan and then splitting the land and selling at a profit in order repay the bridging loan. Is this legal...there is no overage agreement to my knowledge. If the money is not paid to us by 30th June, she must provide us the property with vacant possession and allow us to sell on the open market as well as pay to us our costs of £116k

Also, if the only property she owns is currently 50% owned by me, will she need my consent to obtain a bridging loan that is secured?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thanks for keeping me informed. I have managed to make other arrangements regarding advice, so if you can cancel the question for me that would be appreciated. I assume I will receive a refund on my £13 charge also? Kind Regards ***** *****