How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can I do anything about a neighbour who has recently set up

This answer was rated:

Can I do anything about a neighbour who has recently set up a working webcam which is directly aimed at my property from an upstairs bedroom window. The area that he has covered is the main walkway from our back door into the back garden.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it pointing into your property, ie through a window please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the webcam is pointing to the walkway area from the back door to the garden but will allow full visibility of anyone moving about.

You should complain to the Police. They can go round and see what they are doing. But if it isnt pointing into the bedroom or anything their powers are limited. However if the Police wont do anything you can report it to the Council.
They can take action under the Environmental Protection Act or Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. But speak to the Police and then the Council - they should resolve this for you.
Of course you can issue proceedings but there is a cost to that.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.