How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My tenant sublet a room in the house that she rented

Customer Question

Hello my tenant sublet a room in the house that she rented from me on airbnb. When I found out I asked her to leave. She left. I have with held her deposit against damage and wear and tear from having approx 100 people during a six month period. Can I request additional funds from her eg the profit she made on my property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sadly not. All you can do is take for damage caused, not loss of profit. She is breach of contract to you but that is it. I am sorry.
I realise this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I report this to the police?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Sadly it's a civil matter beach of contract, the police won't be interested.
I am sorry.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.