How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a problem with my property,which is leasehold,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with my property,which is leasehold, I live in my property but everyone else ha bought to let ,I have to live by the terms of my lease but it would appear the owners that let their property do not for example the lease says no children or animals,we have both these at the property, I have not really found it a problem over the last 8 years,but am now looking to put my apartment on the market and feel that maybe this will put potential buyers off buying my property,can you please advise where I stand in this situation.
Many thanks
Gloria Beyer
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you approached your Landlord and asked that they enforce it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a landllord as I own the property, I have a management company but they do not want to know
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You must have a freeholder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Alex I am a bit dim, how do I find this out will it be on my lease
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a waste of time and money
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If you do a search at the Land Registry it will show up.
You need to contact the freeholder. Only the freeholder can take action against these people. It may be if they are not nuisance annoyance then nothing will happen, but if they are then they can be sued for breach of contract.
But only the freeholder can do this, no-one else can.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.