How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Our neighbour has planted a bamboo right next to our fence

This answer was rated:

Our neighbour has planted a bamboo right next to our fence it has destroyed the fence and is spreading through our garden, I am replacing the fence but this is also going to be broken. What can I do about it please?.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you approached the neighbour yet please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not approached neighbour as we do not get on.
Ok, what is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know what I can do about this bamboo as I do not want my new fence wrecked by this weed.
You need to get a survey done and this will show the extent of the problem and what can be done to fix it. give this to your neighbour and ask that it is fixed or say you will go to Court. If he refuses then get quotes for doing the work -this forms your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or they do the work within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.