How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I complained once to council about a noisy neighbour playing

Customer Question

I complained once to council about a noisy neighbour playing loud music for one day in 2011 and once again playing loud music for one day in 2012 or 2013. Though I couldnt pin point exact address on both occasions . Its only happened twice in 9 years and has not happened for 3years. Do I have to declare when selling my house on buyers solicitors seraches as it has in my eyes been resolved.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid that I would always advise clients to be brutally honest when answering the Property Information Form.

As the last incident was over 3 years ago, I would hope that any Buyer would not take issue with it, but if you do not disclose it, and then the new Buyer does have to report any noise at some future date, and their records show your reported incidents, and this is disclosed to your Buyer, they would have the right to sue you for Misrepresentation.

I would therefore suggest that you disclose the previous incidents.

Sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it would be better to disclose, rather than face possible legal action at some point in the future.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.


Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards