How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I am looking into splitting a title deed of a commercial

Customer Question

Hi. I am looking into splitting a title deed of a commercial property I own.

The property consists of two detached buildings - one a pub and the other a cottage. They have previously been traded as a single unit, with the cottage originally serving as owner accommodation, then letting B&B rooms and is now set up as a cottage again.

We are looking to sell the cottage off from the pub.

The pub is listed and the cottage is classed as an ancillary building, and within the curtiledge.

The 'building' owned mortgage fee by a UK registered LLP.

The pub will need to give a right of way across the pub car park to access the parking for the cottage at the read of the property and a path between the pub and the cottage.

1. What is the procedure to separate the two and get the required easements set up in order to sell the cottage as a separate entity?

2. What time frame is involved?

3. What are the possible barriers we may face when trying to do this?

4. What is the procedure to change the cottage to residential - change of use planning?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Please provide the refund.