How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10739
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I would be most grateful if an expert could explain,

This answer was rated:

Hello, I would be most grateful if an expert could explain, in layman's terms, the following information found in my property deeds (I am the transferee):
"The Transferor grants to the Transferee for the benefit of the Property:
(a) the right to use and to connect into any Service Media at the Remaining Land that serve (but do not form part of) the Property which are in existence at the date of this transfer or are installed or constructed after the date of the transfer;
(b) the right of support and protection to the Property and any building on the Property from adjoining parts of the Remaining Land; and
(c) subject to compliance with the Conditions for Entry, the right to enter the Remaining Land with or without agents, professional advisers, workmen and equipment so far as is reasonably necessary:
(i) to inspect or carry out works to the Property; or
(ii) to inspect, repair, maintain, install, re-route or replace any Service Media serving the Property."
Thank you.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

It basically means that you have the following rights over the adjoining property/land (which is the neighbouring property/owned by the person who sold you your property- let's call it "Land X")-

a). A right to connect to any existing gas/electric/water/drains which are on Land X- to enable your Property to get connected to these services if your Property needs these connections.

b). This just means that if your Property and Land X share a common wall (ie you are linked or are a pair of semi detached properties), then the owner of Land X will not remove or do anything to this wall which may affect the stability of your wall.

c). You have a right of access onto Land X, with or without workmen/people you instruct, for the purpose of maintaining your property or for the purpose of connecting to any services as mentioned in a).

I hope this assists and sets out the position to you.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Excellent! Many thanks.