How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Council owned Skateboard park 25m from my property boundary.

This answer was rated:

Council owned Skateboard park 25m from my property boundary. Statutory noise nuisance has been declared by Environmental Health but state they cannot prohibit use as they cannot issue abatement notice against council. Is this correct? How can we make the noise cease?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
That is correct, if the Council own it then they can't serve a notice on themselves! However what you can do is this:
1) Complain to your Local Councillor. They are elected by you and should be dealing with local issues such as this.
2) If it does not work complain to the Chief Officer of the Council. That office will investigate the matter and report back to you
3) If that does not work then you can try the Local Government Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can examine your complaint at:
That should resolve the matter for you. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.