How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am selling my property, I had 3 central heating radiators

This answer was rated:

I am selling my property, I had 3 central heating radiators installed but do not have a Gas Safe certificate which is requested in the seller pack. I did not install a new boiler, only the central heating radiators which run off the existing boiler.

I'm not sure what to do, online there is mention of being able to pay for a one off insurance policy to be able to get around this and progress with the sale. Is this true and what policy is this?

What are my options to sort this out?

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Basically, just be honest on the form and the issue will work itself out via solicitor during the pre-contract process.
Essentially if you do not have the requisite certificate for the installation of the boiler then the buyer’s solicitor will require a building regulations indemnity policy at your cost. This is a one-off insurance policy to provide cover for the buyer. It is generally available for between £40-80 and your solicitor will be able to sort it out for you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Tom, I did not install the boiler (that was there when I purchased the property), I only installed the radiators. Is that covered under the same indemnity policy you mentioned?

Does that mean this is a fairly simple matter to resolve and will not cause any complications?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Yes, an indemnity policy would cover prior installation.
Yes, it will be simple to resolve.
Thomas and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you