How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Ive paid my council tax and know the council are triying to

This answer was rated:

ive paid my council tax and know the council are triying to take more from my wages
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can the council take money out of my wages with out a n56 form

Yes, they can get an attachment of earnings
They do have to go to court to do that but not using the N56 form. N56 forms refer to county court actions whereas this is a Magistrates Court matter. But they do send out a similar document.
They seek a liability order and then if you don't pay seek an attachment of earnings.
At either point you can go to court and contest the matter if you have paid.
But, in principle, the council is an emanation of the state like the revenue and they are more aggressive creditors with more powers than most others.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you