How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Part of my garden is overhung by neighbours tree how can I

This answer was rated:

Part of my garden is overhung by neighbours tree how can I resolve this without animosity.
Thank you for your question. I am a Scots lawyer and can help you with this.
You are entitled to cut the branches that overhang your garden. Your neighbour has no obligation to do so but you are entitled to. You should offer the cuttings back to your neighbour although it's unlikely that they would want them.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you