How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7675
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I'm looking into selling plots I own in UK

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm looking into selling plots I own in UK
Thanks for your patience.
What is your question about selling the plots please?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm a non-residential UK living in Bangkok Thailand. Can I sell these plots through any independent agent? If yes, can you help me by suggesting a reliable property agent that can sell my plots. A company called Profitable Plots from UK opened in Singapore a couple of years ago and sold Concorde village plots to people who are looking to invest.

The company is not there any longer. Investors are left with no idea of what to do with these plots. Recently, a couple of investors have been approached by an acquisition company based in Japan who is acting on behalf of the buyer, trying to get investors to sell our plots.

Thanks for your reply.
Was the land on which the plots were located registered in the company's name or in your name?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was in my name. I purchased it as an individual.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If the land is registered in your sole name with no other person then you can legally sell the land in your personal capacity. This is because only you would be required to sign the land registry transfer in order to transfer the property to a buyer.
Obviously, you would have to find a buyer for the land. Most people instruct an estate or land agent in order to market the land to potential buyers and if you are certain that the property is registered in your sole name then I would instruct a local agent in the area to do so.
When a buyer is actually found you can then instruct a UK-based property solicitor. They will require you to verify your identity with a Thai notary or lawyer so that they can then provide this to your solicitor.
You solicitor will then correspond with you from the UK and with a bit of forward planning you should be okay to sell the land.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. One more question, can you recommend a reliable real estate agent for me in that area since I'm not from UK.

I can't give recommendations under the conditions of this site. However, if you google the locality and "land agents" or "estate agents" then you will see a list generated.
Thomas and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will try googling for land agents.

You're welcome