How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am a landlord and I am experiencing difficulties with my

Customer Question

I am a landlord and I am experiencing difficulties with my tenant vacating the property. The property was due to complete sale on 27 Jun 15, but we could not go ahead as the tenant wouldn't move, we had issued him a Section 21 prior to this which has expired. Is there a quick way of evicting him, or have I got to take the next step it the possession order.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If he refuses to go you will need to get a possession order and if necessary a warrant. There is very quick and easy procedure assuming that the tenancy is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy and that your notice is valid.
Follow this link which will take you to the on line portal for bringing the case.