How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I need to access a neighbours property to carry out roof repair

This answer was rated:

I need to access a neighbours property to carry out roof repair to my property I have spoken to them this morning and they are refusing to allow scaffolding on the grounds that it could damage there pathway slabs we have said if that was the case we put the problem right, the builder needs to erect scaffolding on their side to access the gable end of my property the builder is fully insured for public and employers liability.Could you advice me of my position I have read the neighbouring land act of 1992.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to get a solicitor to write and ask for access or say you will get a court order. You are correct in that you have an access right under the Act. This is for maintenance purposes.
If he refuses then you can issue proceedings using form N1
The court will consider the application and make the order allowing access. If he continues to refuse this is contempt of court. Clearly if there is any damage you or the builder would be responsible for this.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.