How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33363
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have just found out that the drains of my neigbour's ajoining

This answer was rated:

I have just found out that the drains of my neigbour's ajoining semi run into my drains. They have no access to a manhole of their own. If my drains block it not only floods my cellar but theirs too. The neigbour's semi has been sold to an unknown buyer STC. What is my legal obligation to inform the estate agent of this topic and what is the right of drains access which were never disclosed ie to the new owner?
Strictly speaking you are not under an obligation to tell the estate agents for your neighbour's sale. It is for the neighbour to make this information available to his buyers. It would be covered within the sellers property information search. Please rate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As the neigbours are recent beneficiaries under a will (to the property) they are unlikely to disclose this information to the buyers or their lawyers that would delay the sale. Do you have a suggestion regarding process to follow?

In addition the other semi property has made an illegal building attachment to mine. Is there a documentary legal process to highlight this particular issue?

I would suggest that you write to your neighbours (the sellers) and advise them of the problems with the property so that they can advise the buyers.
I hope that helps. Please remember to rate positively.
ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you