How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

My husband conned me into selling my house smaller one

Customer Question

My husband conned me into selling my house for a smaller one so we could have money for holidays with a better life.after 3 months of moving home he left me for a friend of mine I was married42years he now lives with her for 5 years he has just served me with divorce papers and has asked that the property to be put on the market for sale a.s.a.p failing that if I don't do this there intention is to apply to the court for an order of sale I would like to add that I have a son at home although he is not a child he is an alcoholic and is dependent of me looking after him .i wander if you can give me advice as I am at my wits end.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage.
What other assets are there (including pensions) and what income do you each have?