How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have been maintaining a piece of council land.Do we have

This answer was rated:

we have been maintaining a piece of council land.Do we have a right to claim the land after so many years? Thanks.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sort of. If you have been maintaining the land and it is fenced off so excludes all others, you have been doing this for ten years you can apply to the land registry for possession.
The land registry will notify the council and allow them to object. If they do not object or respond then the land is transferred to you. If they do object the application fails.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.