How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have a tree growing in my garden through which three telephone

This answer was rated:

I have a tree growing in my garden through which three telephone cables supplying adjacent properties pass. There is a possibility that as a result damage cound be caused to these cables. Whose responsibility is this please.
where are the telephone cables? On your land or elsewhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Over my land.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Over my land

Where a pole or line is on or over a private garden or other land the operator assumes the tree owner (you) will act responsibly and exercise their duty of care to 'avoid acts or omissions which he or she could reasonably foresee may result in harm or injury'. In other words, the duty is on you ro maintain the trees on their property so as to avoid them causing damage to telecommunication apparatus.I hope this helpsPlease rate positively
ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you