How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I rent a property busin5& the landlord is trying

This answer was rated:

Hi. I rent a property for my busin5& the landlord is trying to make me pay £1200 for his solicitors fee's fir creating the tenancy agreement. Is this right?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No this is not reasonable. It should be about £500 - £750. Nothing more. Anything additional is excessive. But if the tenancy agreement says you are responsible for the fees then you are (generally this is normal). But the amount of fees is excessive.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex.

Thanks for that. Also I have took on a franchise in February which is for 10 year's. I'm a Ltd company trading as gymophobics. I want to wind up my Ltd as it's just not working for me but I'm not sure if they can come after me for the rest of the licence fee. Could you please give me some advice as this is causing me such a lot of stress.