How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own a flat which is occupied by a sitting tenant. I have

Customer Question

I own a flat which is occupied by a sitting tenant. I have exchanged contracts for the sale of the property (bought unseen with him in it - at a considerable loss). I now need access to the flat for a freehold valuation. (The flat was sold leasehold).He is not answering the phone/door nor is he responding to written requests for him to give a date and time for access. What can I do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly you will need to apply to the court for an injunction to allow access. You need to write and ask for access or day you will go to court within 48 hours. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form N1
And form N16a
The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make the order. If the court does and they still refuse access this is contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.