How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I own a site in Ireland. Can an English court order me to sell

Customer Question

I own a site in Ireland. Can an English court order me to sell and pay a proportion to my wife on divorce
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. When an English court is making an order in divorce proceedings, all a person's assets are in play. This would include any site you own in Ireland. However, be aware that it is highly unlikely that any order will be made in relation to this site, as your wife will have no interest in owning it. Rather, it will be any house or other property you have in England which will be dealt with. Not the site in Ireland. I would also advise you to get the lowest possible valuation of the site in Ireland from an auctioneer in Ireland for the divorce proceedings.