How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Can the solicitor representing you or dealing with the sale

Customer Question

Can the solicitor representing you or dealing with the sale of your property be the one to do eviction of the tenants in the property? If the tenents refuse to leave after exchange has been completed. Form 21 has been served with initial form 8 before completion.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the solicitor can act on your behalf in order to evict the tenants assuming that you are the owner/landlord of the property already and not the proposed buyer of the property upon completion.
Obviously the solicitor would confirm they are acting for you and would have to apply for a court order for possession of the tenants did not leave the property.
Kind regards.