How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My mother wishes to add me and my sister to the title deeds

This answer was rated:

My mother wishes to add me and my sister to the title deeds of her house, so that all 3 names are ***** ***** title deeds. There is no mortgage on the house. What forms do we need to fill out? And is it essential for a solicitor/conveyancer to verify IDs, documents etc as we are trying to save time and money or can we do this whole process by ourselves. Thanks
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.
May I ask how old your mother is and the purpose of the change ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is 72 years old and the purpose is to continue supporting her in developing her property.When she passes away, she would like us to inherit the property.

Have you already obtained the Office Copy entries from the Land Registry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have a copy of the title deeds of the property given to us by another lawyer obtained from the land registry (for another matter)

When are they dated (helps with working out the steps you need to take)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is dated 1st October 2013

Then your starting point is to obtain up to date Office Copy Entries from the Land Registry
You will need to prepare a TR1
and an AP1
You will need a solicitor to deal with the ID forms
But other than that you can deal with the matter yourself
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you