How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We live above a chip shop, they have put a menu on the outside

Customer Question

we live above a chip shop, they have put a menu on the outside wall, 75% on our property without our permission. How do we get it removed
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to get a Solicitor to write and ask that they remove it within 7 days. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form N1:
And Form N16a
The Court will then list the matter for a hearing and decide whether to Order them to remove it. If the Court makes the order and they refuse this is contempt of Court and they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
If you have to pay for representation and you get an order then you can ask for costs.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?