How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33385
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have a back access through my neighbours garden. It is a

Customer Question

I have a back access through my neighbours garden. It is a walk through and the path is breaking away. Beside the path under his kitchen window along the path their is a massive hole that if anyone of my family were to fall into they would be Badley hurt. My question is how can I get this path and hole sorted out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
If you have a right of access across his land (and this is in the deeds or some other agreement) then he has to maintain the path is a safe and useable fashion. If he does not then he is both in breach of the right and secondly could be responsible to you in damages should you suffer an accident. As such you should write formally to him requesting that he make good - failing which you will take court action to remedy the path. If you are worried about such a letter then a solicitor can do it for you at a costs of about £100 plus VAT. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively