I am a secure council tenant, if my daughter is allowed to

I am a secure council tenant, if my daughter is allowed to move in with me, would it be legal for me to rent a second home in another borough without it affecting my secure tenancy.and does council tax have to be the tenants name, or can you suggest a way to get around this Eg keeping a room at my main home. Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to check your tenancy agreement, but generally no. This is because a condition is you only need a Council property because you have nowhere else. If you then rent somewhere else not only are you stopping someone who may need a property more than you, but you could move into the other property.
This is likely to be a breach of your tenancy agreement. Sadly there is no way around having 2 properties. Council tax will need to be in your name. So sadly there is no way your daughter can have a property in her name, except for the second non council property.
She could then live there. But you can't rent both as this would be a breach and they would start possession proceedings.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the One I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I read online its ok to own a second could i live between two addreses, do councils routinely check houseing and council tax l.ists or only if there sucpiscius about something

Yes they do check. Its not illegal to have more than one property etc. But as I said, you MUST check your contract. If they find out they are likely to issue proceedings for possession. They do routinely check.
Does that clarify?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.