Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

I own a private road with access provided . (4

Customer Question

I own a private road with access provided for residents. (4 in total). I have a sign saying
Private Road Strictly No Parking at the entrance to the road.
I am having non residents using the road to park.
What can I do to stop this?
I have placed notices saying it is a private road and requesting not to park here. One continues to do so.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
The starting point is that it is your private land and as such anyone entering it without your permission is trespassing. You can take legal action with respect to cars parking on your land. One option is to take action with respect to the notices which you have put up. This is where formal parking charge notices issued where no parking is invited or allowed by members of the public. There are companies who will provide this service to you. In these circumstances a ticket can be issued for a parking charge so long as the charge is clearly shown on signs and is an amount which is “appropriate”.