How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I own a private road with access provided . (4

Customer Question

I own a private road with access provided for residents. (4 in total). I have a sign saying
Private Road Strictly No Parking at the entrance to the road.
I am having non residents using the road to park.
What can I do to stop this?
I have placed notices saying it is a private road and requesting not to park here. One continues to do so.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
The starting point is that it is your private land and as such anyone entering it without your permission is trespassing. You can take legal action with respect to cars parking on your land. One option is to take action with respect to the notices which you have put up. This is where formal parking charge notices issued where no parking is invited or allowed by members of the public. There are companies who will provide this service to you. In these circumstances a ticket can be issued for a parking charge so long as the charge is clearly shown on signs and is an amount which is “appropriate”.