How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33387
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

At the top of my garden there is a large forest, and a large

Customer Question

At the top of my garden there is a large forest, and a large tree has just fallen over and squashed my neighbors fence, vegetable garden and part of his shed.
The trees roots are actually on my others neighbors land but the tree itself has grown over onto my boundary.
I have regular home insurance, so I wonder what the legal position here is?!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
Firstly you should check your home insurance as this is normally something where your insurance will pick up the bill if they consider that you are liable. If the tree roots are on someone else's land it usually actually implies that it is their rather than your tree - even where the tree forms part of your land - a surveyor may ultimately have to determine the ownership of the tree. Happy to discuss. Pleas rate positively - thanks
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I hope that helps - can you please remember to rate positively - thanks