How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

How can I find which of the fences surrounding my house are

This answer was rated:

How can I find which of the fences surrounding my house are my responsibility and which are my neighbours? I do not have deed documents describing this
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.
You could look up the title plan online at the land registry. This might (but probably won't) have T marks showing who is responsible.
A better approach might be to ask other people o the street. It is likely to be the same for the whole side of the street on which you live. If you don't want to ask your immediate neighbour then ask other people on the street.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So there is no way of getting a plan that shows T marks for my property?

They may be on the title plan which is a public documents you can access online.
Also the Land Registry may have the original deeds which you will also be able to inspect. But there is probably no need, check with other people on the street and you will get the answer.
Your old conveyancing solicitor may well still have the deeds or copies of them. There is no guarantee however that there will be T marks on any plans.
LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.