How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Clare, it s property law question, i gave a gift of money

Customer Question

Hi Clare, it s property law question, i gave a gift of money to my daughter and son in law when they married that went towards the deposit for their house. They have since separated amd i WAS WONDERING WHERE i STOOD WITH GETTING IT BACK. tHE MORTGAGE IS JUST IN SON IN LAWS NAME. the house is now worth £25k more than they paid and I sent the money to their mortgage company
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Than you for your question and for asking for me
Why was the property placed in his sole name?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?