Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

We own the private road in which we live. Two of our neighbours

We own the private road in which we live. Two of our neighbours have been parking there cars in this road which is right outside their own front doors. Although we can get past their vehicle's it makes access to our property very difficult. We have put in a planning application for an extension to our house and quite amazingly one of these neighbours have objected sighting access as being a potential issue when the builders need to access our property. This surely would only be an issue as they are illegally parking their vehicles. Am I right in my thought process and what can I do to get them to move their cars?
You are right with regard to your view on this matter. As you own the private road you would need to start putting notices up telling your neighbours that they can not park along the road and putting them on notice as to the consequences of such parking - there are private car companies who will undertake this service for you. Happy to discuss . Please rate positively - thanks