How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10773
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Can my husband sign over the Capitol in our property to me?

This answer was rated:

Can my husband sign over the Capitol in our property to me? We still have a mortgage but he is going to start a business and I am worried if anything goes wrong we could lose our house!

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

To enable the property to be transferred into your sole name, your Mortgage Lender would need to consent to this, and it would also mean the Mortgage would have to be transferred into your sole name too, as your Lender will won't consent to the transfer otherwise.

Therefore, to allow the transfer to proceed, you alone would have to show to your Lender that you can afford to pay the Mortgage from your own income and pass their financial checks.

Sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hi Beverley,

Can I assist you any further?

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards



Can I assist you further?

Kind Regards