How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour will not communicate in any way , I wish to gain

This answer was rated:

My neighbour will not communicate in any way , I wish to gain access to the rear of my property to paint the building, what's my best course of action?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you need to access HIS land please? Have you written to him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, we have written, Emailed and tried in person, and yes we have to have access to his property to paint the rear of ours which is around 500 years old.
Regards David
You need to get a Solicitor to write and ask for access or say you will go to Court. If he refuses then you can issue proceedings. You would need to complete form N1:
The Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 says:
1 Access orders.
(1)A person—
(a)who, for the purpose of carrying out works to any land (the “dominant land”), desires to enter upon any adjoining or adjacent land (the “servient land”), and
(b)who needs, but does not have, the consent of some other person to that entry,
The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.