How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33539
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have a legal charge on my property which was put on by

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a legal charge on my property which was put on by a company that is now dissolved ( by companies house) and their assets have gone to bona vacantia I'm now thinking of selling my house but want to know what my position is before I do anything . Thank you Michael halpin.
Technically thus the charge is still payable on the sale of the property but to the Crown. You can sell the property but you would need to ensure as with any other mortgage that the charge is paid off at the time of completion. As such you need to be in correspondence (sooner rather than later - they are often slow) with the Treasury's Solicitor. I attach a helpful leaflet - rate positively - thanks
ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you