How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We own a piece of common land of 1.82 acres. There are no

This answer was rated:

We own a piece of common land of 1.82 acres. There are no Commoners' Rights associated with it. The public would have the Right to Roam. Is there a stipulated distance from a private residence that such access would have to stay beyond? This would presumably
include private garden of such a residence? The common and surrounding properties are in Wales.
Such restricted land is known as "excepted land" and the public is not allowed to come within 20metres of buildings. The public is also not allowed to come on parks and gardens.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you