How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Sirs, I lived on the Woodchurch Wirral until the end of Oct.

Customer Question

Sirs, I lived on the Woodchurch Wirral until the end of Oct. & went in to hospital for a leg amputation, I then went into re-hab until Feb this year, in the mean time, my wife who is suffering from Alzhiemers had to go into care leaving my old house empty for say 4 months, the Physio & Social Worker went to my old house, & reported to "who ever" that the house was neither accessible or adaptable for my. or my wifes needs, i.e Im wheelchair bound, & my wife doesn't what day of the week it is. so I was moved into a contained flat with 24/7 care, my problem is that the Council want to year me for council tax for 2015/16 for the whole year,I never moved voluntary, but WAS moved due to health reasons, Ive tried ringing my local council, get thru' to the switch board given various alternatives to ring, but each what I think is the correct dept , they all just continue to ring out, the minimumum time ringing is over 5 mins, or more, . question? do I still have to pat tax on my old house? even if it wasn't a voluntary move.. thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it furnished when you left it, or empty please?