How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33534
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Am I requested by law to remove dead ivy from the wall on the

This answer was rated:

Am I requested by law to remove dead ivy from the wall on the back of my house? The ivy is dead and cannot pose structural damage but the Council are harassing me to remove it which will involve ripping all the wooden planks off the house and then weeks of renovation putting up white plastic replacement planks to cover.
Many thanks
Do you own your house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I forgot to mention I rent.
who from? The council?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, am in the UK.........
If the council own the property then they would be entitled to undertake this level of work to the property. If there is however going to such work then they would have a duty
to ensure that it causes you as few difficulties as possible
ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks Thomas, tis as I feared!
my pleasure