If a property owner converts their detached garage to living

If a property owner converts their detached garage to living accommodation and rents it out i assume it become liable for council tax ? eventually the owner wants to use it for herself as a art studio would the council tax then still be payable ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the detached garage self contained, or does it form part of the main property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Self contained, ie loo, bedroom etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok then yes it would be liable for its own Council tax as it is a separate dwelling. If you convert it to a studio and its part of the main dwelling, ie the owner lives in the house and uses the studio then no Council tax is payable as its not a separate dwelling.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what would be the situation if she used it as her art studio at a later date and did not rent it ?

It would form part of the main household and no additional Council Tax payable. Would need to inform them.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.